Hezbollah Chief Claims Blasts against Israeli Troops

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Wednesday said the blasts which wounded four Israeli soldiers inside Lebanese territory last week were the work of his movement.

The Lebanese army said two blasts on August 7 had wounded the soldiers as they crossed 400 meters into Lebanese territory.

Israel’s army confirmed four of its soldiers were wounded but did not say what side of the border they were on.

“We had prior information that the Israelis were going to pass through this zone (in south Lebanon). Bombs were placed there and when they came that night, they were detonated,” Hezbollah chief Nasrallah told Beirut-based satellite station Al-Mayadeen.

It was Hezbollah’s first claim of an anti-Israeli operation since the two arch-foes fought a devastating war in 2006.

“We will not accept Israeli violations of our territory,” Nasrallah warned. “As soon as we know that the Israelis have entered Lebanese territory, the party will face (them) in timely fashion

(Ma’an – www.maannews.net)

Help the Palestine Chronicle Build a Movement of Truth

Please help us continue with this vital mission. To make a contribution using your Paypal account or credit card, please click HERE Or kindly send your contribution to: PO Box 196, Mountlake Terrace, WA, 98043, USA

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.