An official in the Constructional Industries Union in the Gaza Strip said the Israeli authorities changed its mind and refused to allow cement into Gaza after a three month-ban.
The official who spoke under the condition of anonymity said despite having Israeli approval to allow cement into Gaza, “the Israeli occupation has changed its mind and refused to allow cement in for factories.”
— Palestine Info Center (@palinfoen) July 27, 2016
The official confirmed that this decision would hinder the already slow reconstruction process, which has resulted in the closure of a number of bricks’ factories.
Ali Alhayek, head of the Constructional Industries Union in the Gaza Strip, said earlier that Israel had agreed to allow cement into Gaza on Wednesdays following a three-month closure, however, this decision has since been revoked.