Israeli authorities have issued administrative detention orders against 22 Palestinians, a rights group said Tuesday.
The Palestinian Prisoner’s Society said that 17 of the prisoners had been issued administrative detention orders in the past, some of them two or three times.
Only five of the 22 prisoners are being issued such orders for the first time.
Administrative detention is a policy by which Israeli authorities hold Palestinians in custody without charge or trial, sometimes indefinitely.
The prisoners were identified as:
1. Mahmoud Badr Ikhleil, Hebron
2. Omar Ahmad Awad, Hebron
3. Saddam Moussa Dar Moussa, Ramallah
4. Munir Mustafa Abu Sharar, Hebron
5. Abdullah Muhammad Badwan, Ramallah
6. Sharhabil Salman Hassouneh, Ramallah
7. Suhaib Issa Marie, Tulkarem
8. Mansour Mustafa Bani Odeh, Tubas
9. Diyaa al-Din Ali al-Huroub, Hebron
10. Rafat Jamil Nassif, Tulkarem
11. Ibrahim Nour al-Din Sneif, Ramallah
12. Abd al-Khaleq Hassan al-natsheh, Hebron
13. Arqam Khalid Ahmad, Hebron
14. Yousef Hassan Masalmeh, Hebron
15. Shadi Ibrahim Bahr, Hebron
16. Firas Zuhair Misk, Hebron
17. Youssef Mahmoud Abu Maria, Hebron
18. Itiraf Bajes Hajjaj, Ramallah
19. Muhammad Harbiyat, Hebron
20. Mahmoud Ahmad Shalawteh, Ramallah
21. Muhammad Numan al-Natsheh
22. Hani Ghazi Shalash, Hebron
(Ma’an – www.maannews.net)