Israeli occupation forces stopped Palestinian workers from completing the renovation works in Hebron’s (Al-Khalil) Old City in the south of the occupied West Bank, QudsPress reported.
Hebron Rehabilitation Committee’s General Manager, Imad Hamdan, said that the Israeli occupation forces raided the Old City at noon yesterday and stopped the renovation works in Al-Qasaba, Khan Shahin and Al-Qazazeen neighborhoods.
According to QudsPress, the Israeli occupation forces forced Palestinian workers, who were from the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee, to remove their equipment.
— Middle East Monitor (@MiddleEastMnt) October 19, 2016
“The Israeli ban on the renovation work happened suddenly,” Hamdan said, noting that the works had been ongoing for weeks.
He said that the ban was likely an introduction to an “invasion” of the Israeli settlers to the Old City during the Jewish holidays.
Since the beginning of this year, Hamdan said, the Israeli occupation carried out more than 30 attacks against the committee’s staff.