he Israeli authorities on Saturday agreed to release the bodies of at least seven Palestinians shot dead by Israeli forces after alleged attacks in Hebron district, Palestinian and Israeli sources told Ma’an.
Kamel Hmeid, the governor of Hebron, said that five of the Palestinians were from Hebron city and the other two from towns across the district.
He said the Israeli side had not yet delivered a full list of the names of the Palestinians or the place or time of their release, although he said he believed it would take place on Saturday night.
Israeli sources, meanwhile, told Ma’an that nine bodies would be released by the authorities.
They said the transfer would take place at 1 a.m. at the Tarqumiya checkpoint in western Hebron.
Earlier on Saturday, fierce clashes shook Hebron when thousands of Palestinians attended the funeral of five children whose bodies were released late on Friday.
Thousands of Palestinians turned out for the joint funeral of Dania Irsheid al-Husseini, 17, Bayan Ayman al-Essili, 16, Tariq Ziyad al-Natsha,16, Hussam Ismail al-Jabari, 17, and Bashar Nidal al-Jabari, 15.
The five children were shot dead after Israeli forces claimed they attempted to attack Israelis, although locals have disputed the Israeli army’s version of events in several cases.
The bodies set to be released on Saturday night were identified by Israeli sources as those of:
Bassel Bassem Sidr, 19, killed on Oct. 14
Fadil Muhammad Awad al-Qawasmi, 18, killed on Oct. 17
Saad Muhammad Youssef al-Atrash, 20, killed on Oct. 26
Hammam Adnan al-Said, 23, killed on Oct. 10
Farouq Sidr, killed on Oct. 29
Izz al-Din Abu Shakhdam, killed on Oct. 28
Shadi al-Qudsi, killed on Oct. 28
Mahmoud Khalid Ghneimat, 20, from Surif, killed on Oct. 20
Raed Saket Abd al-Rahim Jaradat, 20, from Sair, killed on Oct. 26