The Israeli authorities on Tuesday released the bodies of three Palestinians shot dead by Israeli forces after allegedly attacking Israelis.
Officials with the Palestinian Civil Affairs told Ma’an that the bodies of Eiad Idies from Hebron, Baseem Salah from Nablus, and Mazen Araiyba from al-Eizariya had been delivered to them.
Idies was shot dead near Hebron on Dec. 24 after he allegedly stabbed an Israeli soldier with a screwdriver, while Salah was killed Nov. 30 after an attack left an Israeli police officer wounded near Jerusalem’s Old City.
Araiyba, meanwhile, was shot dead near Hizma on Dec. 3 after he allegedly opened fire on Israeli forces, injuring two of them.
Local authorities in Nablus later told Ma’an that the funeral of 38-year-old Salah would be delayed until Wednesday as his body remained frozen and could not be buried.
They added that the Israeli authorities were demanding they they bury him on Tuesday.
Since a wave of unrest swept the occupied Palestinian territory at the beginning of October, Israel has routinely held the bodies of Palestinians it says were attempting to attack Israelis.
Israel’s Public Security Ministry said in mid-October that the bodies of alleged Palestinians attackers would no longer be returned to their families and would instead by buried in “secret.”
A spokesperson for the ministry said at the time the decision was made in order to stem protests that frequently accompany the funerals of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces.
– Read more: Israeli Authorities Return Bodies of 3 Palestinians – MAAN