US ‘Warns’ Against al-Quds Demolition

The US has warned Israel against "inflammatory actions" after the regime announced plans to continue demolition of Palestinian homes in East al-Quds (Jerusalem).

"If either side [Israel or Palestinians] takes significant actions during the proximity talks that we judge would seriously undermine trust, we will respond and hold them accountable," an unnamed US State Department official said Thursday, the BBC reported.

On Wednesday, Israeli Interior Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitch told the Israeli Parliament that demolition of the Palestinian homes in East al-Quds would continue.

The development came as Israel and the Palestinian Authority are engaged in direct negotiations, dubbed ‘proximity talks’, to resume the Middle East peace process.

Israel occupied East al-Quds in 1967 and since then, the area is deemed as occupied territory under international law.

According to the UN, some 60,000 Palestinians will be at the risk of losing their homes if Israel continues demolishing buildings in East al-Quds.

(Press TV)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*