Two Palestinians Killed in Israeli Raids Throughout Occupied West Bank

The funeral of 9-year-old Amir Maher Al-Qaisi, killed by Israeli occupation forces in Jenin. (Photo: via WAFA)

By Palestine Chronicle Staff  

Israeli forces stormed several areas throughout the occupied West Bank on Saturday night, killing two people and detaining at least 21 more. 


Israeli occupation forces raided the city of Jenin and its adjacent refugee camp on Saturday night, shooting and killing a Palestinian youth. 

Wissam Bakr, the director of Jenin Governmental Hospital, told the official Palestinian news agency WAFA that 19-year-old Amir Maher Al-Qaisi succumbed to his critical injuries inflicted by Israeli gunfire. Bakr further reported that another Palestinian was injured during the incident.

Earlier on Saturday, Israeli occupation forces entered the city from various directions, deploying military vehicles and bulldozers. 

The soldiers damaged infrastructure and roads, destroying several power transformers. Israeli snipers were positioned on the rooftops of several homes and structures, leading to confrontations with local residents.

Burqa, Nablus

A Palestinian young man, identified as 34-year-old Montaser Mohammed Saif, succumbed on Sunday to injuries inflicted by Israeli army gunfire last night in the town of Burqa, north of Nablus.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health said in a statement that Saif succumbed to his wounds after being arrested by Israeli occupation soldiers who raided his home in the town of Burqa.

A large-scale Israeli army force had earlier stormed the town, conducting searches in several homes. They also blew up the vehicle belonging to a local Palestinian citizen, Mahmoud Hajja, after arresting him.

According to WAFA, Israeli occupation forces also arrested Shadi Abu Omar, the secretary of the Fatah movement in the town, after raiding and vandalizing his home.

Mass Arrest Campaign Continues

Meanwhile, at least 21 Palestinians were detained by the Israeli occupation forces in multiple raids in the occupied West Bank provinces of Ramallah, Hebron, Nablus, and Tulkarm, according to WAFA.

In Ramallah, in the central West Bank, a large-scale Israeli army force stormed the town of Bil’in and detained six Palestinians after raiding and searching their homes.

In southern West Bank, Israeli occupation forces stormed Hebron City (Al-Khalil) and the nearby towns of Halhul and Yatta, where at least nine Palestinians were reportedly detained after Israeli occupation soldiers raided and searched their homes.

In the town of Burqa, Israeli soldiers detained at least four Palestinians.

In the city of Tulkarm, also in the north, Israeli occupation soldiers detained two Palestinians after raiding and searching their homes.

The Israeli raid into Tulkarm sparked confrontations with local residents, with Israeli occupation forces firing live ammunition to disperse the protesters. No injuries were reported.

These arrests are part of an ongoing Israeli mass detention campaign in the occupied West Bank coinciding with the Israeli aggression on Gaza.

According to right groups, over 3,000 Palestinians have been detained by the Israeli occupation army across the occupied West Bank since October 7.


(The Palestine Chronicle is a registered 501(c)3 organization, thus, all donations are tax deductible.)
Our Vision For Liberation: Engaged Palestinian Leaders & Intellectuals Speak Out