Thirty-six international charities and human rights groups on Wednesday released a statement calling for an immediate end to the demolition of Palestinian homes in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem.
The groups — among them Amnesty International, Oxfam and Save the Children — co-signed a statement denouncing Israeli house demolitions in the occupied Palestinian territories.
“Since the resumption of the peace process in July, Israel has destroyed 207 Palestinian homes and property in the occupied West Bank, displacing 311 Palestinians, over half of whom are children,” a statement from the Association of International Development Agencies said.
“These demolitions, in areas under Israeli control, have driven Palestinian families from their communities and their land, increasing poverty and the need for humanitarian assistance.”
House demolitions are often carried out to facilitate the expansion of illegal Israeli settlements and the destruction of civilian property is a violation of International Human Rights Law and International Humanitarian Law, AIDA added.
Below is a list of the 36 aid groups.
1. Action Against Hunger (ACF)
3. Amnesty International
4. American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
5. CARE International
6. The Carter Center
7. CCFD – Terre Solidaire
8. Christian Aid
9. Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI)
13. Euro Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN)
14. Heinrich Böll Stiftung
15. Help Age
16. Human Rights Watch (HRW)
18. The Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
19. International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
20. Islamic Relief World Wide
21. Japan International Volunteer Center (JVC)
22. Kvinna til Kvinna
23. The Lutheran World Federation
24. Medical Aid for Palestinians – MAP UK
25. medico international
26. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
27. Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
28. Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
30. Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
31. Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW)
32. Save the Children
33. Secours Islamique France
34. Terre des hommes Italy
35. Terre des hommes CH (Switzerland)
36. World Vision Jerusalem-West Bank- Gaza
(Ma’an – www.maannews.net)