Israeli Forces Destroy Home of East Jerusalem Car Attack Suspect

Israeli forces on Wednesday demolished the family home of the suspect in a Jerusalem car-ramming attack last month, witnesses said.

Dozens of Israeli troops raided the al-Bustan area of the Silwan neighborhood in East Jerusalem and proceeded to explode the home of Abd al-Rahman al-Shaludi.

The forces entered the area after midnight, surrounded the five-story building where the al-Shaludi family lives, and forced residents out of the building without allowing them to bring any of their possessions with them, witnesses said.

Troops also evacuated three houses near the building and held residents in a tent for over four hours.

They told residents to remove their cars from the area, before planting explosives in the al-Shaludi home and destroying it at around 3:45 a.m.

Locals of the al-Bustan neighborhood said that the whole building was damaged in addition to nearby houses.

Al-Shaludi was killed by Israeli police on Oct. 22, 2014 after he drove his vehicle into a group of pedestrians near the right rail in East Jerusalem’s Sheikh Jarrah area.

The Israeli army confirmed the demolition in a statement.

“Tonight (army) and Israeli Police forces demolished the house of the terrorist responsible for running over Israeli civilians in a Jerusalem train station on October 22nd,” the statement said.

“The terrorist … is responsible for the deaths of a baby girl and a young woman, as well as the injuries of 5 other civilians.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had ordered the demolition, as will as the demolition of the family homes of Palestinian suspects in other Jerusalem attacks.

(Ma’an – www.maannews.net)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*