Three Palestinians Killed, Several Wounded as Israel’s Violence in West Bank Continues

Israel intensified its raids in the occupied West Bank. (Photo: via WAFA)

By Palestine Chronicle Staff  

According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, 260 Palestinians were killed, 3,200 were injured, and 3,580 others were arrested, since October 7.

In parallel with the war on the Gaza Strip, the Israeli army escalated its incursions into cities, towns and refugee camps throughout the occupied West Bank.


Two Palestinians were killed and 11 others were injured by Israeli gunfire on Wednesday, during confrontations with the occupation forces that stormed the Al-Far’a camp and the town of Tammoun, south of Tubas.

The official Palestinian news agency WAFA cited medical sources as saying that a young man and a child were killed. They were identified as Moath Ibrahim Zahran, 23, from Al-Faraa camp, and Abdul Rahman Imad Khaled Bani Odeh, 16, from the town of Tammoun.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society reported that 11 people were injured by occupation bullets and shrapnel, noting that they were provided with urgent aid and taken to the hospital.

Israeli forces stormed Al-Far’a camp, reinforced with military vehicles, from the Hamra military checkpoint, where confrontations broke out with the occupation forces near the entrance to the camp, amid heavy gunfire.

WAFA correspondent said that an Israeli military force stormed the town of Tammoun, southeast of Tubas, where confrontations broke out between residents and the occupation forces.

The director of the Palestinian Prisoner’s Society (PPS) in Tubas, Kamal Bani Odeh, said that the occupation forces detained three people, including a woman, during the storming of Tammoun.

He said that Laila Bani Matar was detained in order to pressure her ex-prisoner husband, Hani Ali Bani Matar, to surrender himself. 

Israeli soldiers also detained Jalal al-Din, Talib Qutaishat, the father of the slain Palestinian Ramah Qutaishat, who was killed by occupation bullets a month ago, and Ahmed Abdullah Hussein Bisharat.


A Palestinian youth has succumbed on Wednesday morning to the injuries he sustained from Israeli forces during a raid in the occupied West Bank city of Tulkarm.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement that Ahmad Nathmi Ghanem, 30, died due to the wounds he sustained from Israeli gunfire about a week ago.

Balata Refugee Camp

Four Palestinian youths were injured on Wednesday morning, one of them seriously, after they were shot by Israeli occupation forces, in the Balata refugee camp, east of Nablus.

WAFA correspondent reported that Israeli special forces broke into the Balata camp and surrounded a house in one of its neighborhoods, and as a result, confrontations broke out in the place.

Ahmed Jibril, director of the Red Crescent Ambulance and Emergency Center in Nablus, said that a youth, 25, was hit by a bullet in the flank, and another in the head. His wounds were reported to be very critical.

WAFA correspondent indicated that the occupation forces sent reinforcements, accompanied by two military bulldozers, from the Awarta military checkpoint, towards Balata camp.

Israeli forces detained a Palestinian youth before withdrawing the camp.

Detention Campaign

Israeli occupation forces detained 42 Palestinians during raids in several areas in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday.

In Jenin, the occupation soldiers detained 20 people, while in Al-Khalil (Hebron), five people were detained.

Additionally, the Israeli forces detained four in Ramallah, three from Nablus, and three more from Bethlehem.

Two people from Qalqailya were detained, and three, including a woman from Tubas.


The Israeli occupation forces withdrew after midnight on Wednesday from the city of Jenin and its adjacent refugee camp, after a new offensive that lasted nearly nine hours.

The military raid resulted in the shooting and injuring of seven Palestinians, including a woman and a child, the detention of at least 18 civilians, and the destruction of infrastructure.

About 40 army vehicles broke into the city and its refugee camp on Tuesday amidst heavy shooting and firing of smoke grenades, live bullets, and tear gas bombs, injuring seven people, including a child in the foot and a woman. 

The woman was later said to be in critical condition, according to the Ministry of Health.

The occupation forces further launched large-scale raid campaigns on residents’ homes in the city and its camp and turned several homes into military outposts.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) in Jenin reported that the occupation forces beat up the ambulance crews in Jenin camp while they were attempting to transport the wounded from inside the camp.

Meanwhile, Israeli soldiers were deployed around Jenin and Ibn Sina Hospitals, stopping and searching ambulances, amid violent clashes.

WAFA correspondent said that the occupation forces carried out extensive raid and search campaigns on houses, where they wreaked havoc and destroyed their contents. Bulldozers also destroyed the infrastructure and vehicles on the outskirts of the camp and in its alleys and streets.

The offensive left several neighborhoods in Jenin without electricity after the occupation targeted electrical transformers with bullets.

The Israeli occupation has launched more than 15 military offensives and incursions into Jenin city and its camp since the beginning of its all-out aggression against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank on October 7.


(The Palestine Chronicle is a registered 501(c)3 organization, thus, all donations are tax deductible.)
Our Vision For Liberation: Engaged Palestinian Leaders & Intellectuals Speak Out